- BIOPHARMANET-TEC (interdepartmental center for health products innovation) and INDUSTRIAL ENGENEERING DEPARTMENT start their collaboration. After years of research on polymeric materials for regenerative medicine purposes and the achievement of a European Patent on the materials used (EP 2115011), the idea of matching their pharmacological features and the possibility of structuring them in tridimensional dressings (scaffolds) becomes concrete.
- The first 3D bioprinter based on Freezing prototyping technology is ready for scaffold production.
- Chemico-physical characterizations of the product are performed; the research made allows an improvement of the mechanical and biological material features.
- The machine set-up brings to a standardization of the production process.
- First in vitro trials with Human fibroblasts demonstrate high product cytocompatibility.
- Birth of a business idea for Chitosan-based scaffolds for tissue regeneration.
- A second 3D printer prototype is assembled and installed in a dedicated laboratory at Biopharmanet-tec center; a large array of materials and geometries is tested.
- Several in vitro tests prove the enhancing effect of these scaffolds on human cell proliferation through the tridimensional structure.
- Victory of Bioupper, an italian platform sponsored by Novartis and Fondazione Cariplo sustaining new business ideas in the field of health sciences and allocating a voucher of 50000€ for the winners.
- Deposition of the Patent request for the production process technology and for the scaffold geometries and models designed.
- M3DATEK S.r.l. Foundation on 7th
- Fund raising:
– Contact with potential investors
- Fund raising:
– Contact with potential investors.
– Final of the regional competition “START CUP EMILIA ROMAGNA”, with 10000€ at stake on 20th.
- Final of the national competition “Premio Gaetano Marzotto” on 1st.
- Animal testing: in vivo trials on diabetic induced rats.
- Assessment of product sterilization.
- Preclinical certified trials according to in vivo tests results.